Teaching Indigenous Arts in Elementary and Middle Schools
Students will explore principles, practice and methods of instruction in areas of Indigenous Arts and will gain an appreciation of the depth and context of each discipline, respecting various cultural practices and traditions.
- Credit will be granted for only one of IED 486, IED 487 (if taken in the same topic).
- May be taken more than once for credit in different topics.
- Fulfills the curriculum methods in teaching Art, Music and/or Drama requirement in the Bachelor of Education in Indigenous Language Revitalization within an Indigenous framework.
- Registration in BEd program in Indigenous Language Revitalization; or
- permission of the faculty.