Matrix Algebra I
Matrices: simultaneous equations; determinants; vectors in 2-, 3- and n-tuple space; inner product; linear independence and rank; change of coordinates; rotation of axes in 2- and 3-dimensional Euclidean space; orthogonal matrices; eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
- One of:
- Principles of Mathematics 12 with a minimum grade of A (86%),
- Pre-Calculus 12 with a minimum grade of A (86%),
- MATH 100,
- MATH 102,
- MATH 109,
- MATH 120 with a minimum grade of A,
- MATH 122,
- MATH 151 with a minimum grade of A; or
- permission of the department.