Classical Chinese Prose
Formerly: PAAS 312, CHIN 310A
Introduces the key features of grammar, syntax and usage of literary Chinese, employing intensive study of a set of readings in the language. Readings will be of literary texts ranging from pre-Han to the Song dynasty.
- Credit will be granted for only one of PAAS 418, PAAS 312, CHIN 310A.
- For non-native speakers:
- PAAS 318 with a minimum grade of B; and
- Academic Writing Requirement satisfied; or
- permission of the department.
- For native speakers:
- Academic Writing Requirement satisfied.