Issues in Health and Aging
In-depth examination of contemporary issues relating to the sociology of health and aging. Topics may include: widowhood, caregiving and social support, housing and long term care, dementia and personhood, intergenerational relationships, ethnicity and immigration, indigeneity, elder abuse, and technology.
- Credit will be granted for only one of SOCI 432, SOCI 445.
- May be taken more than once for credit in different topics to a maximum of 3 units.
- Minimum third-year standing; and
- declared Honours or Major in Sociology; or
- permission of the department.