Issues in Environmental Sociology and Climate Change
In-depth examination of sociological explanations of the causes and social consequences of environmental degradation and climate change with a focus on solutions and alternatives. Topics may include: social movements around environmental justice, climate change and climate justice, alternative and diverse economies including food sovereignty, "fair trade" and ethical consumption, and ecological feminisms.
- Credit will be granted for only one of SOCI 437, SOCI 465.
- May be taken more than once for credit in different topics to a maximum of 3 units.
- Minimum third-year standing; and
- declared Honours or Major in Sociology; or
- permission of the department.