Landscape ecology emphasizes the interaction between spatial pattern and ecological processes. Focus is on the role of spatial heterogeneity in affecting the distribution and abundance of organisms, mass and energy transfers, and alterations of this structure by natural or anthropogenic forces. Implications for wildlife management and conservation are discussed.
- GEOG 101A or GEOG 103; and
- GEOG 226 or 1.5 units minimum 200 level STAT or equivalent; and
- one of BIOL 215, ES 240, ES 348; and
- 1.5 units 100 level MATH; and
- minimum third-year standing.