Please contact me if you are interested in working in applied macroeconomics and you have been accepted into our graduate programme or our undergraduate Honours programme. I am relatively flexible in terms of research topics. If you do wish to discuss supervision, please provide a summary of your research interests.
Recent Supervisions (since 2011)
- Tseng, Po-Hsin. Essay on Capital Flows and Capital Controls. May 2020.
- Li, Jiang. Essays on Canada-US Productivity in Manufacturing. April 2014.
- Li, Dan. An Empirical Investigation of Optimum Currency Area Theory, Business Cycle Synchronization, and Intra-Industry Trade. December 2013.
- Tolentino, C. The Income-Distributional Impacts of Canadian Monetary Policy and Commodity-Price Shocks. MA Essay, 2021 (joint with J. Clarke).
- Mow, M. Monetary Policy Shocks and the Exchange Rate: Empirical Evidence for Canada. MA Essay, 2018.
- Yacucha, K. The Effects of Energy Shocks on Labour Flows in Canada. MA Essay 2016 (joint with D. Giles).
- Coke, G. Business Cycle Asymmetry: State-Space Models with Markov Switching. MA Thesis, 2012.
- Alamolhoda, A. Estimating the Effect of the "Zero Lower Bound" on the Term Structure of Interest Rates in Canada. BSc Honours, 2017 (joint with J. Clarke).
- French, J. Exchange Rate Variations, Volatility, and Manufacturing Investment in Canada. BA Honours, 2017.
- Garmulewicz, N., Power of Commodity Prices over Exchange Rate Dynamics, BSc Honours, 2014.
- Mow, M., The Canadian dollar as a commodity currency: Has the relationship changed?, BSc Honours, 2013.
- Viney, K., The Provincial Effects and Transmission of Canadian Monetary Policy, BSc Honours, 2012.
- Mollard, A., Unanticipated Bank of Canada Interest Rate Changes: The Exchange Rate Announcement Effect, BSc Honours, 2011.