Potential funding sources are available through the research grants and contracts of individual faculty. All SDH graduate students, however, are expected to take an active role in their personal funding and apply for external sources.
Potential funding sources for graduate students include the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
A list of funding opportunities for Master's students is provided below:
|SSHRC||Canada Graduate Scholarship||$17,500||1 year|
|SSHRC||Foreign Study Supplement||up to $6000||4 to 6 months|
|NSERC||Canada Graduate Scholarship||$17,500||1 year|
|NSERC||Foreign Study Supplement||up to $6000||4 to 6 months|
|NSERC||Post-graduate Scholarship||$17,300||1 year|
|CIHR||Canada Graduate Scholarship||$17,500||1 year|
Additional information for students on financing their studies is available from UVic's Student Awards and Financial Aid website.
- View all events on the UVic calendar
- The Lynda & Murray Farmer Walk of Excellence
- Holocaust education in the 21st century
- ONC embarks on 'most exciting' expedition
- Are humans unsustainable 'super predators'?
- More young drinkers at risk than previously estimated
- View all news releases UVic communications website