1) A General History of the Liquor Trade in Victoria
From Contact up to 1900. PART 1 2 3 4
2) Who Drank? And Why Did They?
A closer look at who was living in Victoria in the 1860's and what
it was like to live there . PART 1 2 3
3) The Indian Problem
Examining the debate over selling liquor to the Natives in Victoria.
4) The White Problem
Maybe it was not only the Indians that had a drinking problem? PART 1 2
Reflections on the web site.
6) A list of the Sources Used in This
Footnotes and other details.
* Clicking on the footnote number will
take you to the full citation in the Sources section. *
* Clicking on an image will bring up a larger image that contains the source information
from the BC Archives. *
BACK TO INTRODUCTION